Sziasztok!

Sziasztok!
translation: "Hi, everyone!"


08 February 2008

Student Day

January 31st was "Diaknap" (student day) at Gundel. This is a typical tradition for Hungarian schools. The school provides fun activities to break up the mid-winter rut. There was a fashion show, teacher's quiz and karaoke. All were a blast and students stayed at school well past the final bell.

Since there wasn't any teaching that day, I didn't have to go in. But I saw this day as an opportunity to spend some time with the students. So, between the teacher's quiz (I didn't get to the final round) and karaoke, I did some work in my office. It wasn't long before Tamas and Kriszian approached me to sing karaoke. I told them the only condition under which I'd sing, is if they'd get up and dance. They were takers! See the video below.

So, that's the latest from Gundel.

Embarrassing moment (click to see video):


Teachers' Quiz


New addition to the school


Students enjoying karaoke

No comments: