Sziasztok!

Sziasztok!
translation: "Hi, everyone!"


09 July 2005

July Update from Erin Barrett

Hello all!

I'm still here in Seattle. I'm leaving tomorrow to make my way down to
California for training with Educational Services International (ESI.)
I've been enjoying this break. I've spent time with family and had some
time to relax after school got out. And today I attended the wedding of
my cousin Scott. But starting on the 16th, my vacation is over.

Below is a rough time line for the rest of the summer:

July 10 Train to Eugene, OR.
July 12 Picked up in Eugene and leave for California (driving with
my dad)
July 16 Training starts with ESI
Aug 23 Arrive in Budapest, Hungary
Sept 1 Start teaching

So there's the basics. Thank you for your support and prayers. God has
been faithful. All of my upfront support has been pledged. (note: if
you are still planning to contribute follow instructions at the end of
this e-mail).

I have a web page and blog that I will try to keep updated.
http://homepage.mac.com/hbarrett/Erin/Menu33.html

Here are some prayer points:

PRAISE: For God's faithfulness and provision.
PRAISE: For my team of financial supporters
PRAISE: For a great time with family.

PRAY: For the team formation in California. I will be meeting my team
for the first time. Their names are-
Janna, Danielle, Erick, Skye, Jon, Tracy, Sam, Janelle, Brady, Matt,
Kimberly, Joanna, Sarah Jane, Lidia, and Steve.
Janna and I will be roommates and working at the same school. The
others will be in (or near) Budapest.

PRAY: That Janna and I will become good teammates/roommates. Pray we
will learn to get along and live together.
PRAY: For safety in travel.
PRAY: That God continues to provide for me as He always has.
PRAY: For divine appointments at training and after arriving in Hungary.

Thank you for praying!
God Bless,
Erin

Information about support:
Prayer is the most important way you can support me. By receiving my
monthly e-mails you will be informed monthly about how to pray and hear
about answered prayer.

Another aspect of my support team is financial. ESI has an agreement
with the schools in Hungary that makes it possible for me to live
inexpensively. But my involvement with ESI does require me to raise
$250/month (September - June) in administrative support. This money
goes towards providing for team retreats, a resource library, and
special projects. So far, I have had $150/ month pledged. If you would
like to pledge $10 or $20 a month keep reading for instructions on
sending it in.

Make checks payable to Educational Services International. In the memo
line, be sure to put "Acct. # 205125." In order to receive a tax
deduction, DO NOT put MY name on the check. Use the account number.

Mail check to:
Educational Services International
444 E. Huntington Drive Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006

If you are interested in having your contributions automatically
deducted from your checking account, contact Linda Binder at
<lbinder@esimail.org>. Unfortunately, ESI does not do credit cards.

No comments: