Hello all,
Just wanted to take a moment to fill you all (some for the first time...sorry) in on my upcoming surgery. Tomorrow morning (Monday) I'll go to the hospital here in Budapest for the "pre-op" stuff and meet with the anesthesiologist and get set for surgery on Tuesday. I won't have to spend the night on Monday.
I'm going to have a procedure called F.E.S.S. (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery.) I've got polyps and tissue completely blocking my ethmoid sinuses. Those are the ones right between the eyes. It's meant lots of headaches and frequent sinus infections. I've been dealing with this for about a year. They polyps were discovered last spring. So, they're going in to clean me out. Someone said it sounds like a "roto-rooter" procedure. That's kind of what they're doing.
So it's a relatively minor surgery and will only have to remain in the hospital for one night, then two weeks on "house arrest" after that. I've gotten a sub for my classes (pray for Marcus!) and my mom's even here to help take care of me! I really like the doctor and he's very patient with my many questions and he's said to be the best ENT in Budapest.
I should be back to e-mail/blog/facebook by Wednesday evening (Hungary time.)
Feel free to check my blog or Facebook for updates.
Pray that the surgery goes well, and for a complete recovery.
Blessings,
Erin
Sziasztok!
translation: "Hi, everyone!"
02 November 2008
Surgery update
Posted by
Erin
at
9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment