Sziasztok!

Sziasztok!
translation: "Hi, everyone!"


02 March 2008

Defrosting the freezer

Our freezer got a bit "crusty" over the past few months. I think I defrosted it last spring...or maybe fall...don't remember. But it was high time for another defrosting. I emptied all the food from the fridge. Put the frozen stuff in a cooler and the other perishables in a bag and put them on our enclosed balcony with the window open(it was still cold, but above freezing.)

Then, I set up a space heater in front of the open freezer and put towels on the three shelves to catch the water. HA! Heather got up the next morning and mopped the floor. Note to self: Don't do this overnight!

Oh, and now the door won't go back on right. OOPS!

Enjoy the pics!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Kent. My granddaughter Arwen recently defrosted her family's large upright freezer by not closing the door one evening. The mess was not noticed for about 24 hours. I have used heatlamps and hairdryers to achieve similar results. P.

Arden Campbell Czaszewicz said...

You can also set a boiling pot of water in the freezer to get it defrosted faster....I did this before I finally got fed up with defrosting and bought a frost-free fridge/freezer!