So, what exactly does that mean? In Hungarian it means to walk or to stroll. It's a tradition in Hungary for the graduating students to walk through the school with their classes. They sing songs and carry loads of flowers from friends and family. It's a very important rite of passage to them. The interesting thing about it, is it's done before the students even take one exam! But, I guess the reason is that exams are so stressfull students tend to burn out towards the end. So they get the Balagás in before exams, otherwise, it might not happen. That's just what I think.
Well, here are some pics from the 2007 Balagás. (I don't have any from last year because my camera died just as they were starting.)


Sziasztok!
translation: "Hi, everyone!"
16 May 2007
Balagás
Posted by
Erin
at
11:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment