Something happened tonight that happens often to me in Budapest. I feel like I've gotten to a place in learning the language where I can be pretty confident in using it in public. Tonight I think was a little too confident and some poor guy was sent on a wild goose chase because if it.
My teammate, Heather and I were leaving church tonight, heading for the metro. A man approached us and was asking directions to Ferenc Korut. I said that I knew where it was and promptly sent him to the 74 bus several blocks away. It wasn't until after he walked away that I sent him to the wrong "Korut." In fact, in the opposite direction of where he should have gone on the 4/6 tram. I felt so bad! I said a quick prayer and hoped that he was able to get proper directions before he got too far off course.
HHmmm...could there be a spiritual message here? Who are you asking directions from? Are you sure they know the way?
Sziasztok!
translation: "Hi, everyone!"
01 November 2006
Giving Directions
Posted by
Erin
at
10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment